Thursday 24 August 2017

Magic eye tube projects

A one tube radio receiver using a magic eye tube. I was recently asked by a reader and amateur radio operator from Brazil if I had a circuit . A magic eye tube is an electronic vacuum tube that provides visual indication, usually in the form of green light, on an area called the target inside the tube.

In this Instructable, you'll learn how to Magic Eye Tubes work, where to get them, the different kinds of tubes, and how to use them in your projects. These tubes are great for using in projects because they look awesome. They're not that hard to control either. If you want to get one working with minimal effort, .

Here is a project I made using this tube family. The Magic Eye Winker:(Click of photo to view video). I have some projects that I wanted to integrate magic eye tubes into, so I started experimenting by buying some.


Dec 20- So-called “magic eye” tubes are display devices, which indicate signal level by the projection of wedge-shaped shadows on a glowing view . Here is a collection of information on a variety of fluorescent magic eye vacuum tubes that I assembled while designing the Hammonator guitar amp project and . I can find something else interesting to do with them!

Jan 20- French hobbyist Sylvain came up with a fascinating project using Magic Eye tubes from old equipment to make an audio spectrum analyzer. Mar 20- I build this small magic eye level meter module for my vacuum tube car amplifier project. I knew that the tube amp that I build for my brother must be something that he can show off, ( Ah! youngsters!) and he don't like the . Jan 20- Vintage Radios, Magic eye tubes. One tube regenerative radio project the simplest possible radio . Building expensive cabinets has been primarily confined to crystal set circuits because stuffing a big robust 16tube inside one would hide the beauty of the . After doing some project with vintage tube I got the idea of doing a audio spectrum display with magic eyes tube. This month I'd like to present a few ideas for making substitution eye tubes.


Good luck in keeping those wonderful magic eyes staring out into your living room. Traditional analog color organ driving 6E1P magic eye tubes. A project for driving any Magic Eye tube with various input sensors: A prototype for an. But here is a fairly complete list of my Nixie and Eye tubes.


After Matthias' post re the magic eye tubes, I looked online and found they go for around $15-for NOS. Magic Eye Tube in Solid State circuit General Vintage Technology. Its an interesting project, why don't you show us a photo of the innards of .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts