Thursday 28 April 2016

Facet fuel pump not pumping

Just had the same problem with a new Facet pump. The new one ticked away merrily but didn't pump any fuel. Believe it or not I cannot get any of them to pump fuel, I can hear them ticking so I know the electrical side is working are are drawing around .

Any know how facet fuel pumps typically die? Can fuel be pulled through the pump when the pump is off? Yes, providing that you choose a part number that does not have an internal positive shut off valve.


Oct 20- The Facet pumps are solid state electronic fuel pumps.

To reduce the possibility of vapor lock, do not mount the fuel pump in the engine . Facet Fuel Pump Location - posted in Problems, Questions and. I've just fitted a Facet fuel pump to the nearside of my rear subframe in. Normally the fuel pump has a very low ticking noise, but the last. Not sure about your pump but some Facets have a on the inlet side. Hence, the pump is pumping an air fuel mix to the carbs and the pump becomes noisy.


Dec 20- Hi I fitted a new 'Facet solid state' fuel pump over the weekend. When I turn the ignition on its not pumping. The fuel filter and regulator in Facet pump kit are sort of crap.

Lesser pumps did not seem to provide enough juice at high rpms (80redline) . Oct 20- Which I would have thought is a little counter-intuitive, unless when the pump is rat-a-tat-tattling it's not actually pumping. Jul 20- Facet Fuel Pumps - for vehicles running carburettors. Given the responsibility of literally pumping a vehicle's fuel from its tank to the engine. While that can be the case, it is not uncommon for a fatigued fuel pump to . Hi the replacement electric fuel pump on my car is a Facet Posi Flow. Not sure if it will help reduce the noise but for the sake of £it seems sensible.


The battery power supply drives the pumps properly. This shows water being pumped by pump 1. It also proves that the pump is self . Could the fuel pump be gummed up like the check valve I found? For reasons I'd rather not explain, I consider myself a Facet connoisseur. Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them).


I installed a Facet fuel pump on a motor-home back in the late 80s. Imo, its audible pumping is a benefit to me. Want an electric fuel pump to last forever and work right?


You may be getting the proper voltage to it, but not enough amps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts